Hazlehurst, GA asked in Family Law and Child Custody for Georgia

Q: Father has just as much right to son, but.mother is hiding him from her. The law will not get involved it has been 3 bef

Friend if.mine.shares custody with child . Mother refuses.to retun child and wi not tell him where his son is

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Zachary Taylor Beck
Zachary Taylor Beck
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Rome, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: If there is a valid, final or temporary custody order, or the equivalent of a valid, final or temporary custody order included within a divorce decree, and said order gives the father joint custodial rights or visitation rights, then the father should file a motion for contempt to enforce the order.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.