Fordoche, LA asked in Family Law for Louisiana

Q: How can i retract a portion of a stipulated judgement order that i did not understand at the time of signing. Family cou

We agreed to swap custody so my son could go to a great school.His lawyer just read it to me,my lawyer was not present.I was not given the doc to read myself bf signing. They spoke a lot to me between reading it.I did not hear her say that his father would claim every tax year.i would like to retract that one statement back to what we've been doing last 10ys.I felt cohearsed bc they said my son couldnt start school til i signed. I didnt want him to not get in. His father has ins but i will be respon. for a portion now bc my tax lady just informed me that he will be a non dep now so no medicaid. The taxes has been emergency income for us.He has on the stipul. that if i closed the child support case,he wouldn't come after me for child support.I offered to pay child support but this is what he put in the stipulation.I have closed the child support case so i no longer receive CS, which is fair.i am very low income.i did not want to agree to losing my right to claim my son every other year

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Randy Bryan Ligh
Randy Bryan Ligh
  • Baton Rouge, LA
  • Licensed in Louisiana

A: You indicate that you have a lawyer in this matter---speak to your lawyer as to your concerns. Good luck.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.