Rio Rancho, NM asked in Personal Injury and Probate for New Mexico

Q: New Mexico: Husband was on commission paid 60 days after earned. Is that estate or community property?

Individual debt $15,000.

Total amount in estate now is only $14,000. How to handle. More than happy to set up appt to discuss.

Also death caused by medication error—personal injury possible?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Little Neck, NY

A: A New Mexico attorney could advise best, but your question remains open for two weeks. I'm very sorry for your loss. There are a couple of different areas of law here, and I can only speak for the medication-related issue. Most firms that handle such cases offer free initial consults. In terms of whether it was medical error, that's something a law firm would consult with a medical professional about. If they felt that there was a basis for a case, they would retrieve the file and review the documents with physicians or other health care professionals. Good luck

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.