Atlanta, GA asked in DUI / DWI for Georgia

Q: What’s my best route to take having gotten a dui 40-6-391(a)(1-5) …

Officer did not notify me that refusal to blood work would be sumisión of service report and notice of license suspension … he also stated on paper work that I was unable to sign a document when he never asked me to sign any paper work which I would have cooperated and signed … I passed my sobriety test except breathalyzer

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Anthony Kozycki
Anthony Kozycki
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Tucker, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: The arresting officer is required to provide you very specific advisements of your rights surrounding their request for a blood sample. If the officer failed to provide you correct notice, that would potentially invalidate a significant portion of the evidence against you. I would suggest reaching out to a DUI attorney to discuss the specific details of your case. Many attorneys provide free consultations, this would give you a great opportunity to determine the strength of your case before making a decision.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.