Muscle Shoals, AL asked in Contracts and Real Estate Law for Tennessee

Q: Can I contest a deed if it was signed under false information?

I inherited my father’s property in April and was given false information about the condition of the property as well as the deed. I signed the deed over to my uncle later finding out the information was false. Do I have a case?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Anthony M. Avery
Anthony M. Avery pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Knoxville, TN
  • Licensed in Tennessee

A: It is doubtful you have a good case to set aside a Deed for Fraud. But you will need to hire an attorney to check out the facts, witnesses, etc. It may not be worth the trouble, but if you do nothing the property is gone . It appears that you relied on heresay and did not even examine the property yourself, which is at least comparative negligence. But were you the only titled owner? Is the Deed a valid transfer entitled to recordation? Did a lawyer represent you?

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.