Horseheads, NY asked in Family Law, Child Support, Civil Rights and Communications Law for New York

Q: How can I get a court order to have visitation to my siblings?

I don’t live with my siblings anymore and a court ordered me to live with my dad and my mother won’t let me see them is there a way I can get a court to make my mother have to let me visit my siblings?

1 Lawyer Answer
Sandra M. Colatosti
Sandra M. Colatosti
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Licensed in New York

A: Your father could file a petition on your behalf or if you’re 18 you could file a petition

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.