Hammond, LA asked in Workers' Compensation and Personal Injury for Louisiana

Q: Injury at WorkIf an amount offered by MWCA is a small amount and your lawyer removed himself, do I contact MWCA?

Recently, I was offered an amount for an injury generated in 2019.

Brief History - I was officially placed on medical leave due to medical issues I was experiencing. Throughout the past 2 years, I did not receive any cash payments, mileage reimbursement, medical assistance, or pain/suffering. The current law firm withdrew from the case. Do I contact MWCA or find another lawyer? For the pain and suffering, is another lawyer needed?

1 Lawyer Answer
Randy Bryan Ligh
Randy Bryan Ligh
  • Baton Rouge, LA
  • Licensed in Louisiana

A: if your previous is no longer involved, you can choose to proceed without a lawyer, however I do not recommend that--my recommendation is that you use the Justia Find a lawyer tab and search for worker's comp and/or injury lawyers in your area, meet with a few, discuss your case and then hire the one with whom you are most comfortable. Good luck.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.