Houston, TX asked in Personal Injury, Workers' Compensation and Car Accidents for Florida

Q: injured in a car accident while driving for Contractor for fedex ground delivering packages on budget truck

Injured in a automobile accident at work while delivering packages for FedEx ground through a contractor. Other vehicle failed to yield right away Haven’t received no workers comp or any kind of pay at all. wasn’t able to perform job duties due to my back injury was so I did not go back to work. been out of a job since and after the wreck I literally lost everything I had no job , they came repoed my car and a little after that I lost my house. I’m unable to work because of the constant pain I’m in everyday and Ive been suffering since the wreck physically, mentally and financially.have a lawyer but Hardly hear from them & they don’t inform me with much info on my case it’s been since 10/11/2021 and still haven’t received no type of workers comp & feel like their giving me the run around because I’m young &never been in this type of situation before. How long do these type of cases last?I’m considering finding a different lawyer but idk where to start

2 Lawyer Answers
Domenic J. Celeste
Domenic J. Celeste
  • Workers' Compensation Lawyer
  • West Palm Beach, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: It sounds like you have two types of cases here: 1) work comp as you were injured while performing your normal job duties, and 2) personal injury verses the driver of the vehicle that caused your accident. I'm not quite sure why you're not getting work comp benefits, but there's not enough information in your question to know. It could be a whole host of things. Most attorneys give free consultations. I'd suggest giving an attorney who's licensed to practice law in Florida and who regularly handles both workers' compensation and personal injury cases a call to discuss your options.

Charles M. Baron agrees with this answer

Charles M.  Baron
Charles M. Baron
  • Personal Injury Lawyer
  • Hollywood, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: I agree with Mr. Celeste's answer and am writing to address your last statement: "I’m considering finding a different lawyer...". That sounds like you have retained (signed with) an attorney already. If that's the case, and you fire that lawyer, he/she will likely have lien on your case for the work he/she has put into the case.

If you have a lawyer now, has he/she answered your questions? Has he/she explained what he/she is doing for you right now, or has already done, to obtain legal relief? - or if there has been an unsuccessful attempt, why it was unsuccessful? This is information that any other lawyer would need to know.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.