Orlando, FL asked in Family Law and Civil Rights for Florida

Q: Im sueing a district county how do i serve the lawsuit against a county in a state

Im suing an administrative judge and the county he works, for deprivation of my rights under the color of law, I need to serve a warning of rights violation and a letter of intent to sue to the county but I dont know who in the county i need to have served the summons once I file the lawsuit where who handles the response for the lawsuit once its served so I can have the summons sent to that person whom may work for the county.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Stephen Arnold Black
Stephen Arnold Black
  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • Orlando, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: You should retain counsel to review your case before you actually file it. Judicial officers and prosecutors have immunity from suit with very rare exceptions.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.