Belleair Beach, FL asked in Divorce for Florida

Q: Husband and wife both agree to a divorce both have agreed to a parenting plan so why would the judge keep continuing

The case? The judge keeps bringing up restraining orders from years ago that have been handled and is not the situation anymore is there a way to request a different judge?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
V Julia Luyster
V Julia Luyster
  • East Concord, NY
  • Licensed in Florida

A: You may not ask for a different judge. If you have a Consent Final Judgment prepared the judge may be looking at the history of any domestic violence as a factor to determine if the Parenting Plan is in the best interest of the children before the Judge signs off on it.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.