Littleton, CO asked in Divorce for Colorado

Q: I want a divorce My husband is verbally abusive and I am scared. He is an alcoholic and a narisissits and controls us.

I don't have control over the vehicle He watches where I go and wants to come with me He listens to my phone calls and he controls all the money

I want him gone I want the kids and the house How do I file with a restraining order with him leaving. How do I pay a lawyer when I don't have access to money

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Sabra M. Janko
Sabra M. Janko pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Colorado Springs, CO
  • Licensed in Colorado

A: If your income is low enough, Colorado Legal Services may be able to assist. Also most people who file for a protection order in county court are unrepresented. You can look at the Colorado Judicial Branch website for fill in the blank forms.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.