Denver, CO asked in Family Law, Child Custody, Child Support and Military Law for Colorado

Q: If a court order says "Immediate Genetic Testing", can I provide this to a testing facility to get results on file?

I have a Court Order from Oklahoma for immediate genetic testing of the father of my child. The Armed Forces Medical Examiner System has a DNA test on file that was apart of a Criminal Investigation involving myself, the father and the child included on the court order. I have received the redacted version of the DNA test prior to the court order. Is this sufficient enough to release the DNA test results if the person on the Court Order is the same as the DNA results AND the results show him to be 99.9% the father?

1 Lawyer Answer
Sabra M. Janko
Sabra M. Janko pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Colorado Springs, CO
  • Licensed in Colorado

A: Probably not. The order requires testing, not release of test results.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.