Asked in Personal Injury for Iowa

Q: I want to knw if I can sue my hospital for delayed treatment and not being made comfortable with a leg injury

On October 3rd I was injured at work and went to mary greeley hospital er in ames and x-rays were done and I was in and out in a hour on the following Thursday Oct 13th I went back cuz I was still in pain and I had to wait for 4hours before anyone came to check on me and actually talk to me bout my pain I also was not made to feel comfortable with my injury to my leg wasn't given a gd spot to prop my leg up I want to knw if I can sue the hospital for pain and lack of service I was given

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Stephen Douglas Lombardi
Stephen Douglas Lombardi
  • West Des Moines, IA
  • Licensed in Iowa

A: Can you or should you? I am doubtful any lawyer would take such a case. A four-hour delay does not amount to the level of damages that would be required to know if liability exists.

Tim Akpinar agrees with this answer

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.