Pueblo, CO asked in Family Law and Child Custody for Colorado

Q: can he re-nig on the letter he wrote and signed that i recorded him writing and signing

My husband and i are married and live together with our two year old. there is so much toxicity and i want to move our two year old out to nevada and not share custody. He has little to no bond with her . he is obsessed with his phone .. OBSESSED. the apartment is roach infested and has huge cracks in the walls and ceilings and should be condemned according to one of the men that the landlord tried to get to work on the bldg but he doesn't feel the buldding is safe to do remodeling on cuz of the cracks in the walls etc. i have a four bdroom 2 bathrroom house on an acre of land in pahrump nevada which is waaay safer and quieter than pueblo colorado that my grampa is GIVING ME to live in for FREEv i just need to pay utilities trash etc. my husband refuses to see how much better off we would be if we moved and refuses to allow it. but one day he got so mad at me he wrote and signed a letter (igot it video taped) stating im allowed to move outof state with our kid and live there

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Sabra M. Janko
Sabra M. Janko PRO label
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Colorado Springs, CO
  • Licensed in Colorado

A: You could attempt to use the letter to justify a move, however he may claim duress. It sounds like he may have written the letter in an emotional moment. Also, not knowing what he has to say about the situation precludes any kind of assessment of the strength of your position.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.