Asked in Traffic Tickets for Missouri

Q: i have a driving on suspended and improper registration... can i get these dropped to a non moving violation by chance?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Andrea Rogers
Andrea Rogers
  • Traffic Tickets Lawyer
  • Eureka, MO
  • Licensed in Missouri

A: Yes, you can hire an attorney to get your Driving While Suspended ticket amended to a non-moving, no-point infraction. You will have to get your license reinstated and provide your attorney with proof of reinstatement. You will have to pay all fines and court costs before the Prosecutor will amend your ticket.

The Improper Registration ticket is already a non-moving, no-point infraction.

If you haven't already talked to the Dept. of Revenue (Drivers License Bureau) headquarters in Jefferson City, MO, I suggest that you call or email them to find out 1) Are you eligible for reinstatement of your driver's license? 2) when are you eligible for reinstatement? 3) what does the DOR say you have to do to get reinstated? The DOR can tell you which courts have placed a hold on your license, so you will know how many compliance letters you will need to obtain. The DOR can also tell you if you have any other unpaid tickets that you need to take care of.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.