Brighton, CO asked in Child Support and Family Law for Colorado

Q: I paid child support with my monthly agreement made them all on time and still they suspended my license ?

Have a monthly agreement to pay a certain amount every month I have kept to my agreement but this is the 3rd time now they have suspended my license forcing my husband that has no obligation to my child support to pay for my reinstated again. Now he won't pay it cuz it just keeps getting canceled no matter what. We are in the right here what can I do ?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Sabra M. Janko
Sabra M. Janko pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Colorado Springs, CO
  • Licensed in Colorado

A: personallyIt sounds like there may be some agreement that might contradict a court order. You have to pay the court ordered amount. If you have a substantial and continuing change of circumstances, then you can move to modify the child support ongoing amount. You just have to show your proof of payment.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.