Eugene, OR asked in Car Accidents for Oregon

Q: I was in an automobile accident when I was 19. I was unable to speak for myself then. I am 48 now, how can I find out

If there is one in affect? And why would it be affective in oregon financially

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Personal Injury Lawyer
  • Little Neck, NY

A: An Oregon attorney could advise best, but your question remains open for four weeks. Nationwide, jurisdictions do toll statutes of limitations under certain circumstances, but it looks like twenty-nine years have elapsed here. That's a long time under the most liberal of civil procedure allowances. Only a local attorney could advise because each state is different in handling tolling of SOLs. You could reach out to local attorneys regarding your question of whether a lawsuit was filed. It looks like that's what you're asking. Back then, courts were just starting to get digitalized, so it's possible that index no. filings might not be online. It would need to be investigated. If your family has any information about any such a lawsuit and whether a local attorney was involved, that would be the best route. It would save you lots of time and money in figuring out where the matter stands. If not, you could consider reaching out to local attorneys. Good luck

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.