Williamstown, NJ asked in Personal Injury, Workers' Compensation, Civil Litigation and Municipal Law for New Jersey

Q: Personal Injury Lawsuit, filed in the wrong County, can I get it tossed out?

Hello, I have a personal injury lawsuit on my hands due to someone falling on my property and having injury due to them not following my walk way and cutting across my property/lawn while working for a Big company. The Case was filed in Superior Court; Civil Division, but in the wrong County.

Can I get this thrown out? I know she can probably re-file or have it transferred to the correct County but since she filed in the wrong County and there was no change of venue or reason for a change of venue. We both have attorneys and neither of them noticed. Should I bring this up to my attorney? Shouldn't she (my attorney) of noticed this?

1 Lawyer Answer
H. Scott Aalsberg
H. Scott Aalsberg
  • East Brunswick, NJ
  • Licensed in New Jersey

A: Yes if you have a lawyer you should definitely advise him of this fact.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.