Cumming, GA asked in Criminal Law for Georgia

Q: I feel I had ineffective Representation and rushed to take a Plea. How can i withdraw my Plea even if I waived my rights

My lawyer did absolutely nothing and his excuse was always "if we have time" or "if the State cooperates" He never followed through with anything he said he was going to do to help me.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Melaney LaGrone
Melaney LaGrone
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Lawrenceville, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: If you have already been sentenced then you have a limited time to file a motion to withdraw your guilty plea. If you feel that your plea was not knowingly and voluntarily given or your attorney was ineffective then you may be able to file a habeas. You definitely should consult with an attorney to discuss your options.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.