Ossining, NY asked in Family Law and Divorce for New York

Q: I'm going to court November 29th for a divorce that I asked my husband for over 26 years no children should I persu

We are not legally separated and our relationship has been a roller coaster he is lying saying we got married after two years separated with no contact no support I have proof this is a lie this is been going on for two years because he's never prepared won't show is Financials doesn't want to give me anything is it worth pursuing???

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
David Ivan Bliven
David Ivan Bliven
  • White Plains, NY
  • Licensed in New York

A: One cannot advise you whether your case is "worth pursuing" without a full assessment of the facts of the case. If your husband at least produced a net worth statement, then an attorney could send out subpoenas for corroborating documentation even if your Husband isn't willing to turn them over. Also, an attorney can file a motion to preclude your Husband from proceeding based on his delay of the case. Thus, you should schedule a consultation with a Westchester Family Law Attorney.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.