Asked in Traffic Tickets for Illinois

Q: Can I have a driving revoked ticket dismissed due to errors?

My 2003 GOLD Chevrolet trailblazer was towed, I spent the night in jail. Officer A wrote me tickets for driving revoked, no insurance and expired registration plates from a vehicle I just bought. I was released on recog as they said they didnt have any paperwork on me. On my tickets he states its a 2014 WHITE CHEVROLET. on Court dockets it states Officer Z is the arresting officer. Ive been unable to retrieve my vehicle as I can not afford the tow bill and can the tickets be dismissed due to those errors? If so how would I proceed. I have seen the Judge one time in which I asked for private attorney then theyve reset my next date for 3 months.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Theodore J. Harvatin
Theodore J. Harvatin pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Traffic Tickets Lawyer
  • Springfield, IL
  • Licensed in Illinois

A: No, those are not defenses to these charges. In addition, the tickets can be amended before trial to cure any defects.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.