Oklahoma City, OK asked in Criminal Law, Constitutional Law and Federal Crimes for Tennessee

Q: My husband's probation came to our home four probation officers and searched our 3 and a half acres. He was arrested for

A single bullet to a gun I don't own ,misdemeanor weed misdemeanor meth after they arrested husband they wanted in my she shed where I had my 2 22 rifles wrapped and hid away from husband under lock and key. They charged me with tampering. Was I tampering I asked for my 4th amendment rights back right after they arrested him, before the went in and took my guns. . I was charged class e felony . I was just innocent wife that owned 2 guns that were under lock and key. He wasn't charged with the guns yet they took them. I wasn't on probation and never been in trouble. Can I get out of this? I was appointed a lawyer. Idk but I'm praying.

1 Lawyer Answer
Cayley Turrin
Cayley Turrin
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Franklin, TN
  • Licensed in Tennessee

A: You should hire an attorney and that will give you the best chance to get out of this.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.