Minneapolis, MN asked in Traffic Tickets for Minnesota

Q: My Son got a ticket in MN for 169.20.2. But both parties where traveling the same direction. Wrong statue

He was parked on the side of the 4 lane road. He was making a uturn and Uturns are not illegal on this part of the street. Both parties where traveling East. The statue he put down is for on coming traffic but they where both traveling east.the police put MN 169.20.2. It should have been 169.20.4 Could we get it dismissed?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Thomas C Gallagher
Thomas C Gallagher
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Minneapolis, MN
  • Licensed in Minnesota

A: When the government prosecutes a person, it commences an adversarial relationship. And so we on the defense side of their prosecution have no duty to help them. If the prosecution lacks evidence for the violation charged, sooner or later, it should be dismissed. But, the prosecution can fairly easily amend the charge, should it become aware of the need to do so. As a result, that defense might not do the trick. But it's a good idea to set a goal for outcome and work towards achieving that goal.

Jonathan Matthew Holson agrees with this answer

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.