DuBois, PA asked in Family Law and Civil Litigation for Pennsylvania

Q: What can I do if my wife has a PFA but we get back together? How does she drop it.she died from heroin and had change of

Heart still don't know if I can trust her..but it seems like she really wants to.....I don't know..help us put this behind us without anyone going to jail plz.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Peter Christopher Lomtevas
Peter Christopher Lomtevas pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Schenectady, NY
  • Licensed in Pennsylvania

A: Playing with government is playing with fire. Once the woman gets a protection from abuse order, the targeted man can be arrested at any time whether he behaves well or not with the woman. Either the woman can dial 911, or someone else who knows of the PFA can dial 911. The charge is contempt of court and the case will be criminal, not civil.

Perhaps the best action to take is to find someone else.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.