Richmond, VA asked in Car Accidents for West Virginia

Q: I was at a stop sign behind a city dump truck driver. He backed into my car. Possibly totaled. What do I do?

I arrived behind a city dirt dump truck at a stop sign. He seen people he knew in the parking lot beside him and decided to change course. He put his truck in reverse and slammed into me. I'm missing multiple days of work, as well as having to pay 3$ a day rental fee, and I just bought my car less than 6 months ago. So, my credit score is still impacted by the recent loan. And will again be impacted if I have to purchase a new car.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Personal Injury Lawyer
  • Little Neck, NY

A: A West Virginia attorney could advise best, but your question remains open for two weeks. One option is to file a claim or lawsuit. Until you're able to consult with a local attorney, keep in mind that as a general matter nationwide, there could be short deadlines for bringing claims against municipalities. Only a local attorney could advise if those would be applicable here. Good luck

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.