Memphis, TN asked in Construction Law and Criminal Law for Tennessee

Q: How can I take care of a charge like this ? I have already sent payment back to the homeowner,

I never blew him off or avoided him , he sent a demand letter to return his money I got it but didnt see it for a couple weeks my kids brought it in and threw it on the counter , a warrant has been issued and I want to take care of this without my name being anywhere because of it as I do run a honest business

1 Lawyer Answer
Anthony M. Avery
Anthony M. Avery pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Knoxville, TN
  • Licensed in Tennessee

A: You did not say if it was a criminal or civil warrant. With civil, just make sure the check cashes and you go to Court to have it dismissed, probably with you also paying costs. On Criminal, hire an attorney to get it Diverted, Dismissed and Expunged. Do not try to pay directly again, but make Restitution under Court Order. You cannot conduct a business in this fashion very long.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.