Birmingham, AL asked in Federal Crimes and Criminal Law for Georgia

Q: is going to court in 2 counties for theft by taking in one county and theft by receiving in another for 3yrs

the stuff that was recieved wasnt stolen . it was given to a cousin from her ex. the man collected the stuff that he was looking for . now almost 3yrs later theyre still going to court on it . how can that be ?? and what citizen rights are there to dispute it in writing to a judge for ndismissal??

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Robbie Levin
Robbie Levin
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Marietta, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: You cannot communicate directly with the Judge. There are motions that you may want to file, including possibly a demand for speedy trial, that can speed up the process.

You may want to consider hiring a lawyer to protect your rights, and to help resolve your case more quickly.

For more information, visit my website at

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.