Philadelphia, PA asked in Criminal Law for New Jersey

Q: I currently have multiple active warrants from multiple departments for felony criminal charges. What should I do next

I'm currently wanted for alleged motor vehicle theft, car jacking, theft, etc in NJ. I also have a current probation violation out of pa, as well as on going felony court proceedings in New Hampshire. I know I can't run forever and the longer I do the worse it gets. The Pa warrant is a full extradition warrant as I signed a waive upon being released on probation with out of state address. I wanna get things taken care of and understand the possible out come from it. I'm already a convicted felon with a long jacket of charges stretching from Oregon to NJ. As well as had two separate state prison sentences I've served before. I'm more or less looking to handle things collectively and not have to max out one states sentence and transfer to start the next. I know once I'm there I'm there because NJ bail reform classifies me 6-6 due to flight and criminal background

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
H. Scott Aalsberg
H. Scott Aalsberg
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • East Brunswick, NJ
  • Licensed in New Jersey

A: If you truly want to take care of this you need to hire lawyers in each state and then follow their advise on how to turn yourself in to make this easiest as possible. The charges as you know won't go away and if you get found before turning yourself in that always looks worse as turning yourself in shows your looking to turn your life around. Sure you will have to do time but maybe less this way.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.