Cleveland, GA asked in Real Estate Law for Florida

Q: I want to change the names on the title of a house to one LLC instead of multiple people

My husband and I currently own a home under our LLC with my parents who have their portion under their names. We use it for a short term rental. But I set up a new LLC for the house and we are each 25% managing partners. I want to get the title of the home under the new business LLC. Do we just need to do quit claim paperwork and file that with the county clerk? If so what is the charge on something like this or is there an easier way to get this done?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer

A: Easier way to get it done is to consult with a real estate attorney. Quitclaim deeds can cause more problems than they solve.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.