Lodi, WI asked in Immigration Law for Wisconsin

Q: Steps I need to take to travel with a Nicaraguan citizen that is here in the US, to Nicaragua.

We want to travel together there and back home without incident

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Kevin L Dixler
Kevin L Dixler
  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • Milwaukee, WI

A: More information is needed. If the person is without status in the U.S. or overstayed a visa for more than a year, then they can trigger a 10 year bar to lawful admission in any status. That means that they may not be able to lawfully return to the U.S., among other indefinite complications to their immigration record.

I strongly recommend an appointment with a competent and experienced immigration attorney, who can spend enough time to provide reasonable legal advice before there are any other complications.

We, like other local immigration attorneys have offices closer to the USCIS Milwaukee Sub Office. Perhaps, there are other actions that can be undertaken to assist this person.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.