Lewiston, ME asked in Probate for Maine

Q: Sister signed sale paperwork on 1/8 stating my kids and I will vacate the premises by 1/27, am I entitled to more time?

Went to court 12/13/22 for a petition I filed to have my sister removed as personal representative of my dad's estate due to some mishandling of things and the judge decided on a supervised administration with a realtor and for us all to work in good faith with them to sell the home, including moving out of the trailer if the realtor feels it's necessary to sell the property

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Carl T Williams
Carl T Williams
  • Probate Lawyer
  • Jupiter, FL

A: You may be able to obtain an extension of time depending on provisions set forth in the agreement you executed. I would need to review the specific provisions set forth in the agreement and applicable court orders.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.