Atlanta, GA asked in DUI / DWI for Georgia

Q: I was charged with a DUI less safe alcohol and controlled substance in Paulding County Georgia.

I was charged with a DUI less safe alcohol and controlled substance in Paulding County Georgia. My blood test had a BAC of .045 and the controlled substance is from Adderall which I am prescribed. The night of the stop I went through a yellow light that turned red. I did not submit to the field sobriety tests or the PBT test. On the dash cam footage, I appear quite sober in my interactions with the two officers that pulled me over. Should I fight this case in a trial or take a plea deal of reckless driving if it is offered?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Robbie Levin
Robbie Levin
  • DUI & DWI Lawyer
  • Marietta, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: It is not possible for a lawyer to advise you whether to enter a plea or go to trial without a thorough examination of all the evidence. I have no idea what evidence you may have given through your own statements. I have no idea what other evidence may have been found at the scene. My guess is that the officer stated that you smelled like alcohol, and that your eyes were glassy and bloodshot, among other things.

I highly recommend you hire a lawyer to help you with this case. I would be pretty surprised if they even offer you a reduction to reckless without an attorney.

For more information, visit my website at

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.