Johnson City, TN asked in Landlord - Tenant for Tennessee

Q: Where to file a halt on terminating a 30 day notice while contacting an attorney. I found where you can do this online.

Legal aid has tried to help but no one can get either one the landlord nor his office manager answer by phone, text or emails. I have a notice from one of legal aids office to give them but am worried about how they will react to it. Someone from my church has offered to pay for an attorney bc this is and has caused my anxiety and panic issues to escalate to the point I can't even think straight.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Anthony M. Avery
Anthony M. Avery pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Landlord Tenant Lawyer
  • Knoxville, TN
  • Licensed in Tennessee

A: There is no "halt" in civil procedure. Hire a competent attorney if you do not understand what a Detainer Warrant is. You will probably need to vacate 10 days after possession is adjudged to the owner.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.