Carrollton, GA asked in Civil Litigation, Criminal Law and Family Law for Georgia

Q: I was assaulted by my ex’s daughter I pushed her off me and left. I was arrested 4 days later and charged with family vi

I have texts from ex stating her daughter did it because I was going to padlock the doors so she could not move in

1 Lawyer Answer
Joshua Schiffer
Joshua Schiffer
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Roswell, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: Sadly these "late charges" are becoming more and more common. Its awful. You need to retain a local lawyer in West GA to assist you, as they will make the process MUCH easier as you do need to satisfy the warrant before it interrupts your life even more. They will help you with a quick release and to fight the charges.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.