Chattanooga, TN asked in Family Law, Probate, Elder Law and Estate Planning for Tennessee

Q: How can I file charges against a brother and sister that removed and sold cars titled to dad mom is still alive.

Auto,s guns and much more taken an sold . They are taking from my mom which is elderly but is of sound mind herself

1 Lawyer Answer
Nina Whitehurst
Nina Whitehurst pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Estate Planning Lawyer
  • Crossville, TN
  • Licensed in Tennessee

A: First you would need to get yourself appointed as the executor or personal administrator of your dad's estate. Then you would be tasked with marshalling your dad's assets and if some of them were stolen then you could file lawsuits against the thieves for return of the assets or the proceeds from the sale of them. Be prepared to prove what your dad owned and who stole which items.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.