Asked in Criminal Law for Tennessee

Q: I was previously arrested for domestic violence/assault against my fiancé it was all a big misunderstanding

.. after a restraining order and a month of being on a monitor to stay away from our home that case got completely thrown out because she never went to court on me. We are still together. Now I have a new charge of vandalism/burglary at the same place because I forced myself into my own home due to my fiancé not giving me the house key while she was away. Charges were pressed against me because our home is property of the state and if my fiance did not press charges they would have put her out because the neighbor stated that she seen that it was me! My fiancé nor the neighbor is planning on going to court about this. What should I expect from the judge? Do I need a lawyer for this?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Cayley Turrin
Cayley Turrin
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Franklin, TN
  • Licensed in Tennessee

A: It is always best to hire an attorney for all criminal charges.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.