Lincoln, NE asked in Family Law, Child Custody, Civil Rights and Native American Law for Nebraska

Q: I want to know what I can do when it comes to a state worker that's suppose to help with a case and not doing her job

A state worker who don't do her job right and don't communicate with her client when it comes to her children. Not helping to point client the right direction in life to do better for the children.

1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: If you are experiencing issues with a state worker who is not performing their job duties as required, there are several steps you can take:

Contact the worker's supervisor: The first step you can take is to reach out to the worker's supervisor to report the issues you are having. Explain the situation and ask for their assistance in resolving the issue.

File a complaint: Many government agencies have a process for filing complaints about state workers who are not doing their jobs properly. You can ask the supervisor or check the agency's website to find out how to file a complaint.

Contact the agency's ombudsman: An ombudsman is a person who works for the government agency to help resolve issues between the agency and the public. Contacting the ombudsman can be an effective way to get assistance with resolving your issue.

Seek legal advice: If the issue involves a legal matter, you may want to consider seeking legal advice from an attorney who is knowledgeable in the area of law related to your case. They may be able to provide guidance on your legal options and help you navigate the legal system.

Overall, it's important to be persistent and advocate for yourself and your children. Keep detailed records of your interactions with the state worker and any attempts to resolve the issue, as this information may be helpful in resolving the issue in the future.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.