New Orleans, LA asked in Car Accidents and Personal Injury for Louisiana

Q: Victim of a hit and run, no car present just damages to my parked vehicle. Need help on what to do.

Parked outside at a friend's house, asking for help please?

1 Lawyer Answer
Jamie Dean Parker
Jamie Dean Parker pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Personal Injury Lawyer
  • Lafayette, LA
  • Licensed in Louisiana

A: Call the police so an accident report can be generated. Take photos that capture the damage to your vehicle and where your vehicle was parked and the surroundings. Check with your friend's neighbors to see if they saw anything or took photos of the hit and run vehicle. Take your vehicle to a repair shop and get a free estimate on cost to repair. Call your auto insurance company and let them know about the hit and run incident and forward them the accident report, photos and repair estimate to see about getting property damage paid under your available insurance coverage.

Tim Akpinar agrees with this answer

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.