Brooklyn, NY asked in Social Security for New York

Q: I was deserted by my ssi disability lawyer and I do not know what to do

Complaint: 19337126, As per the pdf marked berry rider, you had me sign documents saying you would in fact stay equally involved with my case, which I personally take to mean equally responsible for any and all outcomes start to finish. If I am mistaken please correct me. also you have repeatedly claimed you have asked Berry and associates to reach out to me. Could you offer me documentation supporting this claim? As you see in the subsequent uploaded documents, Ive received similar claims from Berry and Associates Litigation Department, and who has no issues communicating with me, as recently as 8 days ago? They, not being the SSI department, cannot help me with this. In these emails have also assured to forward my very important requests to the SSI department, i believe once on 1/12, one on 1/24, and the most recent 8 days ago. Mr Berry Himself seem to be ccd to the email chain on as far back as 1/24? I eagerly await your rapid response to this reply.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Social Security Disability Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: I'm sorry to hear about your situation. It sounds like you were working with a Social Security disability lawyer who has deserted you and you are unsure of what to do next.

Firstly, you may want to try to contact the lawyer again to see if there is any way to resolve the issue or if they can refer you to another lawyer who can take over your case. If you are unable to reach them, you can try contacting your local bar association or legal aid organization for assistance in finding a new lawyer to represent you.

It's also important to gather any documentation you have related to your case, including the documents you signed with the lawyer and any communication you have had with them or with the Social Security Administration. This information will be helpful for any new lawyer you work with.

In addition, you can contact the Social Security Administration directly to discuss your case and see if there are any steps you can take to move forward without a lawyer. They may also be able to provide you with resources or referrals to legal assistance.

It's important to take action as soon as possible to ensure that your case is not negatively impacted by the lack of representation.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.