Washington, MI asked in Medical Malpractice and Wrongful Death for Tennessee

Q: Would I have a case for malpractice?

My father was discharged on January 3rd from a hospital and was discharged in significant pain. On his discharge paperwork, it stated he had a benign growth in his pancreas. As far as I know, there was no test ever performed to determine if it was benign. He went back to the hospital on January 27th with severe pain in the abdomen, and they finally did a biopsy. They discovered he had pancreatic cancer that had spread to his liver and intestines. He died on February 2nd. This happened in Knoxville, TN if that is relevant.

1 Lawyer Answer
Joel Gary Selik
Joel Gary Selik
  • Medical Malpractice Lawyer
  • Las Vegas, NV

A: It may be malpractice. Medical malpractice means that a doctor violated the standard of care. A bad outcome is not enough. Another doctor would be needed to evaluate what the doctors did.

Consult with experienced attorneys. Use Justia search to find an attorney. https://www.justia.com/lawyers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.