Minneapolis, MN asked in Traffic Tickets for Minnesota

Q: Car put in my name I didn't proceed with purchase yet it's showing under me a ticket issued out of state

Ticket issue to me, registration under me even now I either want the vehicle at this point or be compensated the value due to this matter, the vehicle register says I own it I’m not sure who the actual owner is but the car says it’s registered to me this is fraud correct ?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Jonathan Matthew Holson
Jonathan Matthew Holson
  • Traffic Tickets Lawyer
  • Saint Cloud, MN
  • Licensed in Minnesota

A: Your question is a little confusing. But you should certainly notify the state where the ticket was issued that you never ended up purchasing the car and you should provide them with information on who the owner is. If you do that, the ticket against you should be dismissed. You could also contact the state where the car is registered to notify them of the same.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.