Warren, MI asked in Uncategorized for Michigan

Q: Can I press charges on sumone if they took things outta my home and did not have permission to take anything..

My fiance went to jail and I'm residing in are home in which he owns but is my address for last five years, I missed a court date and his best friend showed up with the bounty hunters and they kicked in my door, and they left her in my home after I got arrested, I got out 12 hours later on a personal bond, and when I got home Alot of my things were missing including my purse cell phone money, and jewelry of mine, I wanna know if it's legal for him to give sumone else permission to go ahead and do such things bc now all my things are missing I never gave permission to anyone to ever be in my home and I don't understand how this is legal

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Brent T. Geers
Brent T. Geers
  • Grand Rapids, MI
  • Licensed in Michigan

A: You can make a police report. What the police do with it from there depends on the situation.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.