Arvada, CO asked in Family Law, Adoption and Child Custody for Colorado

Q: Can a mother win a trial for D&N case if she is the offending parent of a newborn? While fighting an open case.?

New baby with new father new case while separate case open with older child set for APR hearing.

1 Lawyer Answer
Rebecca Pescador
Rebecca Pescador
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Westminster, CO
  • Licensed in Colorado

A: I don't think anyone can give you the reassurance you appear to be looking for. Mostly, you're asking us to predict the future.

Is it possible? If all of the facts align correctly, if the Judge sees it from your perspective. Yes, it's technically possible.

It's very likely going to be very difficult to win with the situation you have outlined. The odds are particularly in your favor. You really should get a consultation with an attorney (or see if you qualify for a court appointed attorney). That way, you can have a detailed, frank discussion about the situation without risking saying things that might later be used against you. That attorney could help you evaluate the facts and help you determine the best course of action going forward.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.