Denver, CO asked in Insurance Bad Faith for Kansas

Q: bad faith insurance claims

my car was stolen in august and recovered 3 days later. i had comprehensive coverage and never recieved a rental and it took 6 months before they finally accepted the claim. i havent been able to work for those 6 months and during EUO the documents they showed me had been alterd. can i sue for all the money ive missed because i havent had transportation

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Insurance Claims Lawyer
  • Little Neck, NY

A: A Kansas attorney could advise best, but your question remains open for two weeks. If the alterations you describe were material, that could be relevant. EUOs are conducted under oath. If the alterations were minor, or related to transcription issues, that might not necessarily be considered bad faith. It's difficult to offer meaningful insight without seeing the documents - one option is to review the file with a Kansas attorney. Good luck

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.