Newnan, GA asked in Child Support and Family Law for Georgia

Q: My child support order is from Pennsylvania 2001 can Georgia charge interest on an out of state order when PA does not .

PA child support order 2001 . Georgia resident 2006

Out of state enforcement order Pennsylvania doesn't charge interest on rears but Georgia is charging me interest on my PA rears

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Alake Colwell Furlow
Alake Colwell Furlow
  • Dacula, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: If you cannot get answers through child support enforcement then you may need to hire an attorney. Oftentimes it is difficult for a non-custodial parent to get answers from the Division of Child Support Services, but they are more receptive to attorneys who are representing you. Then your attorney can get to the bottom of what exactly you're being charged and from what agency or order.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.