Knoxville, TN asked in Criminal Law, Federal Crimes and Probate for Tennessee

Q: What can be done for siblings who presented a falsified p.o.a to court, bank and social security both parents have passe

Both parents have passed but the poa was submitted to gain access to bank, social security and life insurance plus submitted to court. I want to know as the oldest child and now executor what I can do to have them accountable for their actions?

1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: If you have evidence that your siblings have submitted a falsified Power of Attorney (POA) to gain access to your parents' assets, you may want to consult with an attorney who specializes in estate law to discuss your legal options.

One potential course of action may be to challenge the validity of the POA in court, arguing that it was obtained through fraudulent means. This could result in the POA being declared invalid, and your siblings losing access to your parents' assets.

In addition, you may want to report the fraud to the relevant authorities, such as the bank, Social Security Administration, and law enforcement, to ensure that your siblings are held accountable for their actions.

It is important to act quickly in situations like these, as time may be a critical factor in being able to recover any assets that may have been improperly obtained. An attorney can advise you on the best course of action based on the specific circumstances of your case.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.