Houston, TX asked in Criminal Law, Family Law and Legal Malpractice for Georgia

Q: Can Cmplaint B filed if lawyer contacts person w/no-contact ordr against them, then calls cops days later & Reprts Cntct

I was dating lawyer. Broke up w/her, she trashed my house. Cops were called, she was chargd w/felony proprty damge. We got back togthr. To avoid losing license, she wrote a stmnt that got her out of trouble and put me in trouble. I ended up w/ false reprt of crime (1 yr probation, ankle monitr & no-contact w/her) She also changd phone# so I couldn't call her.

I was released from jail & 2 days later SHE started callng me. After a few calls, w/me telling her no, she sweet talked me into seeing her (I know, Stupid)

We spent the weeknd together in a hotel rm cause I couldn't be near her home w/monitor. On Day 3, out of nowhere she starts arguing, calling me an SOB & blaming me for traffic?! She went back to her place. I didn't follow. I called several times, long story short w/in 24 hrs she called victms witnss advo & said I contactd her & was harassing her. A few wks later I was in jail. Probation Revoked-90 days in jail. While in jail, my 3 storage units & LndRover were auctiond off

1 Lawyer Answer
Regina Irene Edwards
Regina Irene Edwards pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Atlanta, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: You need to speak with a good criminal attorney. A bond condition is not a suggestion - no contact means no contact.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.