Denver, CO asked in Family Law and Child Custody for Colorado

Q: My partner's ex wife breaks the parenting plan only when it is "convenient" for her. Does this null and void the plan.

The father of the child agreed to terms for fear of losing his child. 5 years later, the mother of the child does not enforce the parenting plan, and encourages the plan to be broken ESPECIALLY when it is in her benefit.

EX: Father is to have supervised visits. The mother of the child, maternal grandmother, paternal grandfather, paternal grandmother are supposed to "supervise" the father of the child's visits due to the undocumented/unsupported prior use of drugs by the father. NOTE: drugs never consumed in front of child, near child, etc...Both parents used recreational drugs at music festivals etc...Mother of the child became 100% sober. Tried to force sobriety on the father of the child. The father of the child was fearful of losing his rights. He agreed to the terms. Mother of child allows him to stay over, babysit, travel without supervis

Mother of the child does not inform father of the child of medical appointments, school functions...father is not listed as guardian

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Sabra M. Janko
Sabra M. Janko pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Colorado Springs, CO
  • Licensed in Colorado

A: A parent's failure to comply does not void the court order. Either party can move to enforce the order with the court. Unless Mother has sole decision making, Father should have direct access to medical and educational records.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.