Flushing, NY asked in Family Law for New York

Q: My ex husband has a suspended drivers license, but is driving with my son in the car. What legal action can I take?

We have been divorced for 6 years. His license is suspended due to failure to pay child support. He has unsupervised visitation every other weekend.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Peter Christopher Lomtevas
Peter Christopher Lomtevas pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Schenectady, NY
  • Licensed in New York

A: There is not enough information here to answer the question. We do not know if the father obtained a restricted license to drive as such licenses are freely offered to men undergoing child support enforcement. We do not know if the suspension is current and active. We do not know the source of the asker's information and whether that source is reliable.

We do not want to trigger any legal action, whether through police or through the court, and find ourselves unable to prove the allegation, and ourselves be subject to custody modification for false accusations against the father.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.