Lehigh Acres, FL asked in Real Estate Law for Florida

Q: My bf bought me we had a verbal agreement he buys house I pay the house bills deed only in my name wants me off now ??

He wants me off deed after he puts name on deed whats my rights to keeping my house ???and no mortagage I paid out of my bank account only does he need consent to do this if so will u be able to help me in florida??!

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
James Clifton
James Clifton
  • Fayetteville, GA
  • Licensed in Florida

A: No one can force you to take your name off of a deed. If your name is the only name on the deed, then you own the property 100%. If you added his name to the deed, then you own an undivided one-half interest in the whole property. If two or more people cannot agree regarding title to the property they own, a partition action must be filed in court. Ultimately, the court may order that the property be sold if the property cannot be evenly divided. Please feel free to reach out for a free consultation.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.